A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul, like these sweet mornings of spring which I enjoy with my whole heart. I am alone, and feel the charm of existence in this spot, which was created for the bliss of souls like mine. I am so happy, my dear friend, so absorbed in the exquisite sense of mere tranquil existence, that I neglect my talents. I should be incapable of drawing a single stroke at the present moment; and yet I feel that I never was a greater artist than now.
vapour around me, and the meridian sun strikes the upper surface of the impenetrable foliage of my trees, and but a few stray gleams steal into the inner sanctuary, I throw myself down among the tall grass by the trickling stream; and, as I lie close to the earth, a thousand unknown plants are noticed by me: when I hear the buzz of the little world among the stalks, and grow familiar with the countless indescribable forms of the insects and flies, then I feel the presence of the Almighty, who formed us in his own image, and the breath of that universal love which bears and sustains us, as it floats around us in an eternity of blist.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 kg carrots, grated
- 1 liter almond milk
- 8 green cardamom pods,
- Date paste, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp cashew nut paste, optional
- 7-8 raisins
- Blanched almonds, for garnishing
For the almond milk:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1l water(warm and no too hot)
How to Make Gajar ka Halwa
- For the making of almond milk:
- Pre-soak the almonds for atleast four hours in cold water or use hot water.
- Peel the soaked almonds for strong flavor.
- Blend the almonds and water in a blender.
- Sieve with help of fine mesh cloth and squeeze milk.
For the making of date paste:
- Soak dates in water(according to your preference).
- Put them in a container with a lid and place them in the refrigerator for a few hours. Drain off and reserve the soaking liquid.
- Place dates with little of the soaking liquid in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth(you can add more water if u want).
- You can place the Date paste in refrigerator for weeks, that can be use as a replacement for sweetners.
For final product ,i.e., halwa:
- Add grated carrots In a stainless steel heavy bottom pan.
- Pour the almond with carrots, add cardamom and cook until all liquid has reduced. (time taken will be around 30-40 mins)
- Add date paste. Stir occasionally.
- You can also add cashew nut paste according to your taste.
- Season or garnish with dry fruits, raisins or cashew nuts.
- Serve warm or cold.